Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Our curriculum aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to enter an ever-changing adult world with confidence. We aim to foster a life-long love of learning that, together with the development of personal and moral values, enables our students to progress to the next stage of their chosen learning or career pathway.
The outcomes expected of our curriculum are that it:
- delivers the current and future statutory requirements, including appropriate careers advice and guidance
- is broad, balanced and relevant
- meets the needs of the full range of abilities within the school
- enables progression within the school and between phases of education
- supports students’ development of a love of learning
- helps students acquire understanding and knowledge of key skills relevant to school, adult life and employment
- helps students develop personal moral values, respect for religious values and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life
- supports raising standards of achievement for all students
The key principles of our curriculum are breadth, balance and equality of access. Throughout Key Stages 3 and 4, we provide a wide range of subjects and experiences that allows students the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in a broad range of areas of learning.
At KS4 students are encouraged to maintain breadth and balance in their subject choices. Over 60% of students study three sciences to GCSE level and students also have the opportunity to study more than one modern foreign language, humanity and / or arts subject. We also offer a range of vocational subjects that dovetail with the GCSE options with the aim of creating a curriculum that is flexible enough to meet individual needs within a coherent framework.
Our Sixth Form curriculum provision is also broad, balanced and inclusive, with a range of academic and vocational courses available to meet the diverse needs of our students.